Sunday, November 25, 2012

Last week a classmate from high school died.  He was part of the popular crowd - known for their good looks and drinking parties.  Word has it he died of an alcohol related issue.  The funeral will be held out of state, and a lot of classmates are planning a memorial date in Washington - well, that is, a reunion of sorts....at a local pub.  The irony is just too much - I think I'll skip out on that one and simply remember him here.  Russ, you were the meanest boy I knew, and I was afraid of you.  But I also knew you at church - we worshiped together for many years.  You may or may not have been invested in the religion - but that never mattered much to me.  We shared space in that chapel
 that your friends at school were not a part of, and I knew that part of you.  You were never unkind to me personally, and you had an easy grin and a real talent for sports.  I was surprised to get your note recently, requesting that I let you know when the band was going to play in Salt Lake - it would have been a pleasure to see you in your adulthood.  I'm sorry for whatever deamons took you from us too early.   Rest peacefully now Russel D Capps.

No comments: