Thursday, September 3, 2009

Organize This

Yesterday I went over to a friend's home to help her clean - she's "supposed" to be taking it easy after surgery. How depressing is it to clean someone's house that is cleaner than yours on a "good" day? My job was to vacuum, which took me upstairs to the master bedroom. I nearly passed out at the sight of the closet - clothes organized and hanging in groups of color. Ten black shirts, followed by ten red shirts, followed by ten cream colored shirts - you get the picture. Fast forward to night time as I'm taking off my day's accoutrements and tossing them on the top of the pile on the floor. Definitely not alphabetized.

I'm inspired now, though - so I dump out my top drawer in the bathroom and replace the shelf paper with clean, fresh, new, bright shelf paper. Ahhh. All is well, only 25 more to go. I think I'll update my blog instead.

1 comment:

Matt Johnston said...

Please tell my sarah that I am not the only one that employs the "floor" organizational model.